479° Organic Gourmet Popcorn, Black Truffle & White Cheddar
THIS ITEM MUST BE PURCHASED IN A CASE QUANTITY OF 12
Light, crunchy popcorn kernels are drizzled with premium truffle oil and finished with white cheddar for a rich, indulgent taste to satisfy even the most sophisticated snacker.
This premium organic popcorn is handmade in San Francisco in small batches using only the finest ingredients.
Black truffles are prized throughout the world for their unique musky aroma and distinctive flavor.
Ingredients: Organic Non-GMO Air Popped Popcorn, Aged White Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Black Truffle Oil, Black Truffle
What Makes 479° Popcorn Different?We make our popcorn the artisan way - by hand in small batches. It takes longer, but we think you can taste the difference.
We make our popcorn when we get orders for it - and not a minute sooner.
- We pop our heirloom, organic kernels in heavy copper kettles, and toss it while still warm with buttery organic caramel or one of our spice blends.
- We are ruthless about batches that don't meet our standards - "dud" batches never end up in the hands or mouths of our customers.
We value small farmers, artisan craftsmanship, fair trade practices, sustainable agriculture and organic farming.
- Our popcorn is never mass manufactured or stored in a warehouse.
- We ship our popcorn out the same day we make it, ensuring that it arrives fresh and delicious every single time.
Each of our purveyors must meet our exacting standards.
- We only work with farms and buyers who support sustainable organic farming and fair trade practices.
- Most of our ingredients come from family farms in California, and we source locally whenever possible: our organic butter comes from Straus in Marin; our organic nuts from San Joaquin Valley Farms in Fresno; our organic popcorn from a small family farm that has been growing organic crops since 1945, way before organic became a trend.
Each of our ingredients has a story.
- We use only the highest quality ingredients from local farmers and around the world.
- Our spice growers follow our buyers' exacting methods of cultivation and production, from seeding to harvest to stringent storage requirements.
- For example, our Pimentòn de La Vera comes from Señor Angel's Farm, which has been owned by the same family for over five generations. All the farming is done by hand, from seeding, to preparing the field and harvesting the crop. They produce only a small amount of high-quality smoked paprika each year, which is most coveted by purveyors who work exclusively with top chefs / restaurants around the world.
479° Popcorn began with a fond childhood memory of cozy evenings spent playing cards and devouring fresh popcorn with my family. My mom refused to serve anything other than organic popcorn cooked in a sturdy stovetop popper that she'd hand crank until the kernels turned into a delightful fluffy treat. Then, as now, a bowl of popcorn could turn an ordinary moment into a special occasion.
Over the years, I experimented with making my own organic popcorn and flavoring it with exotic seasonings inspired by my international upbringing and training at Le Cordon Bleu in London. In the process, I came upon the discovery that 479 degrees Fahrenheit is the optimal temperature for popping corn. I knew immediately that this would be the name of my popcorn company, because it reflects the careful attention to detail that I work so hard to incorporate into every single element of the business, from the pristine ingredients to the beautiful packaging to the avid dedication to customer satisfaction.
These days, as I make popcorn by hand in the San Francisco kitchen I started with my husband, I am reminded of how simple, honest pleasures are often the most rewarding. As we continue the tradition of making this satisfying organic snack by hand, using the highest quality ingredients, our hope is that 479° Popcorn will become a treasured indulgence for you too.