Cole's Portuguese Sardines in Piripiri Sauce
Caught by local boats off the northern Portugal, these delicious sardines are flavored with zesty piripiri sauce for a delicious gourmet experience.
Cole's firmly believes in sustainable fishing practices, sound environmental stewardship, and in giving back to the farming and fishing communities who supply them to maintain their dedication to these same principles.
* Enjoy it straight out of the tin!
* Pour your favorite wine and relax with a fine cracker and cheese
* As a complement to just about any salad with spinach, lettuce and greens
* Blended with a mixture of herbs, chopped green onions, a bit of balsamic and a touch of mayo
* As a topping for a truly gourmet pizza
* In your favorite dish accompanying rice or pasta
* Place the fish on top of thick slabs of fresh tomatoes. Drizzle some of the oil from the can over, and then sprinkle with zahtar (a middle eastern spice blend), salt and pepper. Or place onto a slice of your favorite crusty bread.
All Natural. No preservatives or additives. High in Omega 3. Product of Portugal.
Ingredients: Portuguese sardines, olive oil, piripiri (red pepper), and sea salt.
Serving Size 1 can drained, about 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 3.6g
Trans Fat 0.1g
Total Carbohydrate 0%
Dietary Fiber 0%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Rate this product »
- By: i.briggin
Chestnut Hill, MA
Date Posted: May 22, 2010 at 1:15 PM
These are the best sardines I have ever eaten. Those in piri-piri sauce and those in tomato sauce are equally good., They are plumper, meatier and less "fishy" than most. I can't recommend them too highly.