Green Foods Organic Chia Seed
Organic Chia is a rich source of Omega 3's, protein and fiber, all packed into a tiny seed.
- Chia seeds, treasured even more than gold by the Aztecs and Mayans, were used as a high energy endurance food because of their high amounts of protein and nutrients.
- Chia Seeds are a superior source of many nutrients while their mild flavor and versatility makes them perfectly suited for modern day life. Chia is easy to integrate into your diet, allowing you to enjoy the exceptional nutritive benefits that are packed in every tiny seed.
- 100% Certified USDA Organic = Superior Chia Seeds: The fertile soil and ideal subtropical climate where our seeds are grown offer the best conditions for the growth of superior seeds and eliminate the need for herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides.
- Superior Source of Omega-3: Today's market offers four sources of Omega-3 fatty acids: fish oil, flaxseed, algae, and chia seeds. Chia surpasses all of them. Our organic certified chia seeds do not contain any harmful toxins, unlike fish oils and algae that may be contaminated with mercury. Chia seeds do not have to be ground like flax and its many antioxidants within the seed protect the oils from going rancid.
- Gram for gram, chia seeds are a superior source of many nutrients
- Perfect Ratio of Omega-3 & Omega-6: Chia seeds provide the highest amounts of vegetarian Omega-3's, and offer an ideal Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratio of 3:1. These essential fatty acids may promote cardiovascular and neurological health, aid in skin repair, and may help to normalize cholesterol, sugar levels, and blood pressure.*
- High Quality Protein: Chia seeds are a great vegetarian source of high quality protein containing all essential amino acids. They are perfect for vegetarians and people missing protein in their diets. This protein is more easily absorbed and digested than animal derived proteins.
- Richest Whole Food Source of Fiber: Just one serving of our seeds provides 20% of the daily recommended intake of fiber. Chia contains insoluble and soluble fiber, which may assist in helping to lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels as well as aid with digestion, detoxification, and weight loss.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Organic Chia Seed