truRoots Organic Germinated Brown Rice
truRoots Organic Germinated Brown Rice not only keeps the most nutritious outer part of the whole grain, but the sprouting process also activates innate power that grows the sprout. The resulting super-grain, known as GABA rice, has triple the amount of the essential amino acid lysine, and ten times the amount of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) as well as other protective substances. GABA, the rice's namesake, acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter that appears to regulate anxiety, sleep, the immune system, and fat metabolism.
truRoots Organic Germinated Brown Rice cooks in 20 to 25 minutes, half the time of ordinary brown rice and can be made stovetop or in a rice cooker. The budding process produces a grain that has a softer texture and a delicately sweet and nutty flavor.
Use it in any dish that calls for rice such as sushi, pilafs or burritos. Substitute it for other grains such as bulgur wheat. Put it in soups and stews, salads or stuffing, casseroles or puddings. A world of taste. Endless possibilities. Renew your health and taste buds with truRoots Organic Germinated Brown Rice. It's quick, easy & delicious!
- Stir into vegetable soups or stews
- Make a quick salad with dried fruits and nuts
- Saute with diced vegetables and fresh herbs
- Wrap into a burrito with beans, salsa, and guacamole
- Try in your favorite stuffing recipe in place of breadcrumbs
- Bake into a casserole with sauteed vegetables and cheese
- Stir in a spoonful of pesto and serve as a side dish
- Cook with broth and spices into a savory pilaf
- Roll up in homemade sushi
- Cook with milk for a hot breakfast cereal
- Use in all your favorite rice recipes
Gluten Free. Kosher. Fair Trade.
100% Organic Brown Rice
Serving Size 1/4 cup dry
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Fat Calories 15
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
truRoots grew out of our passion for discovering the wisdom and traditions of farmers the world over. We believe that a real connection between farmers and what comes to our tables is important, and travel the world to keep these connections strong.
truRoots has grown from this vision into a global network of farms, communities and cultures. It is the aim of all truRoots endeavors to make these connections and share not only these traditions and timeless practices, but the results-- good, wholesome foods.