truRoots Organic Sprouted Green Lentils
**5lb may not be available to ship at the time of purchase but will ship within 7 days.
truRoots germinates and naturally dries the highest-quality green lentils, awakening and preserving their flavor and healthful benefits. Captured at the moment between being a bean and a green, these crunchy, fresh-tasting little rounds are more nutritious, convenient, and versatile than regular lentils.
Lentils are one of the world's oldest foods. They have turned up in archeological sites of the earliest cultures and are featured in the first book of the Old Testament. Over time and miles, they have become part of daily meals in cuisines from America to India, from the South of France to the Middle East.
Sprouting boosts the lentil's nutritional profile - increasing vitamins and micronutrients, and activating enzymes that make nutrients easier for your body to absorb. truRoots low-temperature drying keeps them packed with that power.
Cook truRoots Organic Sprouted Green Lentils quickly, in as little as 15 minutes, or slowly simmer them into a thick soup or stew. Or try simply rehydrating them for an extra-fresh taste and raw-food crunch.
- Sprinkle over salads
- Stir into vegetable soups and stews
- Purée with broth to make a creamy soup
- Cook into a pilaf with rice and spices
- Puree with olive oil for a creamy spread or dip
- Toss with herbs and a light salad dressing
- Cook with sautéed garlic and chopped fresh herbs
- Stir into sauce and serve with a short cut pasta shape
- Mix into rice, barley, or other grain side dishes
- Pack into a pita pocket with greens and dressing
- Substitute for rice in stuffed peppers and vegetables
- Sprout them for a fresh crisp addition to sandwiches and salads
Gluten Free. Kosher. Fair Trade.
Ingredients: 100% Organic Green Lentils
truRoots grew out of our passion for discovering the wisdom and traditions of farmers the world over. We believe that a real connection between farmers and what comes to our tables is important, and travel the world to keep these connections strong.
truRoots has grown from this vision into a global network of farms, communities and cultures. It is the aim of all truRoots endeavors to make these connections and share not only these traditions and timeless practices, but the results-- good, wholesome foods.